Deep Adaptation: A Map for Navigating Climate Tragedy
Jem Bendell – IFLAS
After the IPCC report, #climatereality
A friendly critique of Bendell’s ‘Deep adaptation’ paper
25 Oct 2018, Blockchain Technology and Transformation in the Face of a Climate Emergency Professor Jem Bendell.
Keynote at UN on blockchains – transcript
The text of the opening Keynote Speech at the UN.
How to effectively message net zero: Climate Outreach recommendations
Climate Coalition webinar 5 Oct 2018
Christopher Shaw, Senior Researcher at Climate Outreach – summarised the findings and recommendations of their report on communicating the Net Zero campaign to centre-right audiences.
The second section of the webinar was an interactive discussion between members about the report and its implications for our campaigning. With the IPCC special report on the impact of 1.5 degrees warming on the 8th October, a key moment to ensure that we’re communicating the findings of the report, and the wider net zero campaign, in the best possible way to reach key audiences.
Steps Centre – ESRC – Economic and Social Research Council
Transformations to Sustainability – Working Paper 104 – WP 104 Transformations to Sustainability online version FINAL v2
Labour Party environment policy Sep 2018
Global Warming of 1.5 °C
– an IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty
‘Heading for extinction and what to do about it’. YouTube lecture by Dr Gail Bradbrook
From Transition Stroud Community Energy Action Group
Amongst a range of proposals, Community Energy England is calling on Government to support community energy by:
- Retaining the Feed in Tariff (FIT) generation and export tariffs for community energy projects – or introduce a modified ‘Community Feed in Tariff’.
- Reinstating the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR) to community energy projects
- Extending the Contract for Differences (CfD) mechanism to sub-5MWe schemes and create a specific tranche for community energy generation projects, with a clear schedule of when rounds were to be announced.
See CEE’s submission to Government at:
Solar Trade Association
Open Letter: Maintaining Fair Payment for Exported Electricity
17 years left – That’s how fast the carbon clock is ticking
– The MCC carbon clock demonstrates just how much carbon can be released into the atmosphere if global warming shall be limited to 1.5°C, or 2°C with high probability. By selecting a choice of temperature targets and estimates, you can see how much time remains in each scenario.
Green Alliance, research findings: Why public engagement with climate change needs a rethink
Forthcoming IPCC report on 1.5 C (Summary for policy makers) mentioned below will be launched at the beginning of October: