E-mail your MP about climate change in Gloucestershire
Following the Climate Coalition Week of Action 8–16 October, you can still take part and e-mail your MP about climate change in Gloucestershire. Choose from the wording below or add your own.
You can also Tweet. See http://gloscan.org/tweet-your-mp/
MPs’ e-mail addresses
Neil Carmichael – Stroud, Neil.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Chalk – Cheltenham, email@example.com
Geoffrey Clifton-Brown – The Cotswolds, firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Graham – Gloucester, email@example.com
The Rt Hon. Mark Harper – Forest of Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurence Robertson – Tewkesbury, Laurence.email@example.com
E-mail that you can send
Dear [Name of MP]
I am writing to bring to your attention the threats of climate change to many of the things we love about life, especially some of the features we value in our own county of Gloucestershire.
Some of the likely consequences of climate change in Gloucestershire I am concerned about are:
[Choose from the following or choose something else about Gloucestershire that you love that could be affected by climate change.]
- Gloucester Cathedral; tidal flooding with rising sea levels
- Beech woodland; drought stress
- Frampton on Severn and its architectural heritage; tidal flooding
- Gloucester and Sharpness Canal; tidal flooding
- Slimbridge Wetlands; tidal flooding
- Migratory birds, such as the cuckoo (nearly lost in Gloucestershire); drought on migratory routes
- Frogs and toads; loss of wetland through drought
- Tewkesbury and low-lying land nearby; river flooding from more severe rainfall events
- Orchards, old Gloucestershire apple varieties; drought stress
- Kingsholm Stadium; tidal flooding
- Cotswold streams drying out (e.g. source of the Thames); drought
During the week of 8-16 October, members of the Climate Coalition are asking MPs like you to take a lead, locally, nationally and internationally. The UK has an opportunity to show its continued commitment to the wider world and its determination to remain a leading nation on climate change.
Please write to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to:
- Congratulate him for rapid progress on ratifying the Paris Climate Agreement
- Ask him to publish an ambitious low-carbon investment plan to transform the economy in line with the Climate Change Act.
[Your name and address]